Door Supervisor Top-Up
This is a 2 day SIA licence Linked Qualification includes 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work qualification
Door Supervisor Top-Up qualification comprises of 3 unit
- Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry (assessed by theory and exam)
- Principles of Using Equipment as a Door Supervisor in the Private Security Industry (assessed by theory, practical and exam)
- Application of Physical Intervention in the Private Security Industry (assessed by theory, practical and exam)
Following training there are 2 practical and 3 written (Multiple Choice Questions) assessments.
Learners are issued with the results within the next 10 days following assessments, Certificates then follow in next 2 days that We will email to your desired email address.
Please note a certificate is not required to be able to apply for the Licence neither should a learner wait for the certificate to arrive, on announcement of a positive result a learner can apply for their SIA licence, it is because SIA is notified digitally/electronically about a qualification achievement by the results announcing authority.
Although our pass rate is almost 100% however if a learner requires a resit we offer first resit for free, a learner requiring a resit can also choose not to sit back in training instead can come back for assessment only.
Training leading to an SIA licence-linked qualification for door supervision course does include the following areas:
- Session 1: Principles of using equipment for door supervisors in the private security industry
- Session 2: Principles of terror threat awareness
- Session 3: Risks associated with the use of physical intervention skills
- Session 4: Personal safety awareness and techniques (non-pain related)
- Session 5: Escorting techniques (non-pain related)
Above Lists are not Exhaustive
1 Mornington Villas Bradford BD8 7HB (free on site or road side parking available)
Duration of the Class
Day 1, 09:00 – 16:00
Day 2 and 3, 09:00 – 18:00
Next available date
- Minimum age 18
- Proof of Qualification to which this top up relates or SIA Licence
- Proof of English Language competency at B2 (take a test at centre or provide a certificate indicating your English literacy level to be B2)
- Proof of ID, Proofs of Address (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-an-sia-licence#check-you-have-the-right-document) 1 from group a and 2 from group b
- 2 passport Size Photos
- ACT online training Certificate (https://ct.highfieldelearning.com/?mode=landing_sia)
220 (This includes Emergency First Aid At Work and a first re-sit)
Price (£)(Without First Aid Qualification)
If you already have a recognised (acceptable for SIA licence training reasons) First aid at work qualification price then is £180. if this applies to you please confirm your qualification with us before booking online as not all the first aid qualifications are acceptable.
How to Register
Please assess yourself against the eligibility criteria, read terms and conditions before making any payments.
What happens after the registration
Registered learner will need to bring all the documents mentioned above in the eligibility criteria and remainder of the course fee. Any omissions in documents or in absence of the fee on the day of starting the course a learner may not be able to proceed with the course. Fee can be paid by cash or card.
Difference between Door Supervision and Security Guarding Licence
A Door Supervisor and a Security Guard both Secure premises against damage, theft, unauthorised access or disorderly behaviour, However a Door Supervisor additionally can work at licensed premises for example night Clubs /Pubs where alcohol is consumed. Door Supervisors also receive physical intervention training during the course specifically to deal safely with those drunk on the premises. Not everyone who wants to work in Private security industry needs Door Supervisor‘s licence and similarly Security Guarding licence is unsuitable for those who want work at Licensed premises where alcohol is consumed.
To find out more about it please visit licensor’s website at gov.uk/sia
If you are unsure about anything please feel free to get in touch using above telephone numbers our opening hours are 09:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday
Further information on this course, contents and your suitability before the licence can also be sought at