Security Guarding / Officer Qualification
This is a 4 day SIA licence Linked Qualification includes 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work.
Security Guarding/Officer Qualification comprises of 3 Units
- Principles of Working within Private Security Industry
- Working as a Security Guard/Officer
- Application of Conflict Management
£220 (Book it now £100)
Following training there are 3 practical and 3 written (Multiple Choice Questions) assessments.
Learners are issued with the results within the next 10 days following assessments and certificates follow in next 2 days. We will post your certificates (free of cost) to the address we hold about you using post office first class recorded delivery.
Please note a certificate is not required to be able to apply for the Licence neither should a learner wait for the certificate to arrive, on announcement of a positive result a learner can apply for their SIA licence, it is because SIA is notified digitally/electronically about a qualification achievement by the results announcing authority.
Although our pass rate is almost 100% however if a learner requires a resit we offer first resit for free, a learner requiring a resit can also choose not to sit back in training instead can come back for assessment only.
Training leading to an SIA licence-linked qualification for Security Guarding/ Officer Course does include the following areas:
- Session 3: Citizen’s arrest
- Session 4: Health and safety for the private security operative
- Session 5: Fire safety awareness
- Session 6: Emergency procedures
- Session 7: Communication skills and customer care
- Session 8: Record keeping
- Session 9: Terror threat awareness
- Session 10: Protecting vulnerable people
- Session 11: Post incident management
- Session 1: Roles and responsibilities
- Session 2: Access and egress control
- Session 3: Electronic and physical protection systems
- Session 4: Personal safety
- Session 5: Drugs awareness
- Session 6: Searching
- Session 7: Patrolling
- Session 1: Preventing and managing conflict
- Session 2: Defusing conflict
- Session 3: Resolving and learning from conflict
- Session 4b: Application of communication skills and conflict management
Above list is not Exhaustive
1 Mornington Villas Bradford BD8 7HB (free on site or road side parking available)
Duration of the Class
Day 1 – 09:00 – 16:00
Day 2 to day – 5 09:00 – 18:00
Next available dates
- Minimum age 18 (although a learner who is 16 can receive this training however such learner will not be able to apply for SIA licence unless turned 18 years of age)
- Proof of English Language competency at B2 (take a test at centre or provide a certificate indicating your English literacy level to be B2)
- Proof of ID, Proofs of Address https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-an-sia-licence#check-you-have-the-right-document 1 from group a and 2 from group b
- 2 passport Size Photos
220 (This includes Emergency First Aid at Work and a first re-sit)
How to Register
Please assess yourself against the eligibility criteria, read terms and conditions before making any payments. On receiving the course fee deposit A learner will be issued with the self study materials to complete self study requirement of the course.
What happens after the registration
A Registered learner will need to bring all the documents mentioned above in the eligibility criteria and remainder of the course fee. Any omissions in documents or in absence of the fee on the day of starting the course a learner may not be able to proceed with the course. Fee can be paid by cash or card.
Difference between Door Supervision and Security Guarding Licence
A Door Supervisor and a Security Guard both Secure premises against damage, theft, unauthorised access or disorderly behaviour, However a Door Supervisor additionally can work at licensed premises for example night Clubs /Pubs where alcohol is consumed. Door Supervisors also receive physical intervention training during the course specifically to deal safely with those drunk on the premises. Not everyone who wants to work in Private security industry needs Door Supervisor‘s licence and similarly Security Guarding licence is unsuitable for those who want work at Licensed premises where alcohol is consumed.
To find out more about it please visit licensor’s website at gov.uk/sia
If you are unsure about anything please feel free to get in touch using above telephone numbers our opening hours are 09:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday
Further information on this course, contents and your suitability before the licence can also be sought at