Emergency First Aid at Work
The Emergency First Aid at Work programme meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive for first aiders working in low risk environments (eg offices, shops and residential care settings).
The qualification will equip the first aider with skills to be able to confidently undertake emergency first aid if someone becomes ill or injured at work and consists of 6 hours training with the emphasis on practical application of first aid skills.
This is a 1 day Industry Regulated Qualification
The content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
- A comprehensive student resource pack for each delegate containing a market leading first aid reference manual for use during the class and as post course reference.
- Professional training delivered by quality assured instructors and a maximum class size of 12 per instructor.
- Active learning strategies with opportunity for practice in small, relaxed groups monitored by the instructor.
- Fully interactive presentation materials that use a graphical approach to learning.
- The opportunity to complete a course evaluation.
Successful candidates will be awarded a qualification valid for 3 years.
7 Key Facts:
1 Mornington Villas Bradford BD8 7HB (free road side parking available)
Duration of the Class
Day 1 – 09:00 – 16:00
Next available dates
60 (does not normally Require a Resit)
How to Register
Please assess yourself against the eligibility criteria, read terms and conditions before making any payments, we recommend registration 7 days before this course starts.
What happens after the registration
At registration a learner is issued with all the study/self-study materials for them to complete such study before the start of this course and provided with other relevant information about the training and assessments.
If you are unsure about anything please feel free to get in touch using above telephone numbers our opening hours are 09:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday.