First Aid at Work
This is an 18 Hours 3 day or 2 day Industry Regulated Qualification.
Experience hands-on training with your own manikin in our large training space. Flexible delivery options offer you the choice of training 18 hours in the classroom or opting for our blended learning option with 6 hours online and just 12 in the classroom.
The First Aid at Work programme meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive for first aiders working in medium and high risk environments.
This qualification will equip the first aider with skills to be able to confidently undertake emergency first aid if someone becomes ill or injured at work and provide effective care for a wide range of common workplace injuries and illnesses.
The course is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74 for qualifying First Aid personnel in the workplace. Candidates will receive training in a wide range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The ability to recognise and treat a patient in shock.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
- Suffered a burn or scald
- Injured bones, muscles or joints
- Been poisoned by ingestion or inhalation of a substance or gas
- Suffered an injury to the eye
- Signs & symptoms of a major illness e.g. heart attack
Above Lists are only indicative and not Exhaustive
This course has a formal assessment process which includes a written assessment of first aid knowledge as well as practical assessment of the learners’ ability to perform safely and effectively in a range of first aid situations.
- A comprehensive student resource pack for each delegate containing a market leading first aid reference manual for use during the class and as post course reference.
- Professional training delivered by quality assured instructors and a maximum class size of 12 per instructor.
- Active learning strategies with opportunity for practice in small, relaxed groups monitored by the instructor.
- Fully interactive presentation materials that use a graphical approach to learning.
- The opportunity to complete a course evaluation.
- Successful candidates will be awarded a qualification valid for 3 years.
1 Mornington Villas Bradford BD8 7HB (free on site or road side parking available)
Duration of the Class
09:00 – 16:00
Next available dates
How to Register
Please assess yourself against the eligibility criteria, read terms and conditions before making any payments, we recommend registration 7 days before this course starts.
What happens after the registration
At registration a learner is issued with all the study/self-study materials for them to complete such study before the start of this course and provided with other relevant information about the training and assessments.
If you are unsure about anything please feel free to get in touch using above telephone numbers our opening hours are 09:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday.