- These terms and conditions are between Industry Training For Skills and the Customer. They replace any previous terms and conditions of Industry Training For Skills and are the complete and only terms and conditions between the parties. All dealings between Industry Training For Skills and the Customer shall be governed by these terms and conditions which shall prevail over any others.
- These terms and conditions and any contract formed pursuant to them may be varied provided any variation is confirmed in writing by an authorised representative of Industry Training For Skills.
- A binding contract will be formed when Industry Training For Skills notifies its acceptance of a Customer’s order for services (the ‘Contract’). An invoice may be emailed prior to the performance of the services and shall be payable on whichever date is sooner, within 14 days of the date of the invoice, or 7 days prior to the commencement of the earliest course.
- If the Customer is dealing as a consumer then they may cancel the Contract in accordance with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Changes) Regulations 2013 up to the end of the 7th day from the date of the booking of a course (the ‘Cancellation Date’). The Customer must notify Industry Training For Skills in writing on or before the Cancellation Date by email or letter. This does not affect your statutory rights. If the course is due to start within 7 days of the booking being made, cancellation must be received by Industry Training For Skills prior to the commencement date of the course.
- Customers may also transfer their booking to another course date or venue. Customers who inform Industry Training For Skills that they wish to transfer their booking:
- up to 7 days prior to any course can do so free of charge
- During any course will be charged a fee of £150.
- 7 days or less prior to any course will be charged a fee of £100
All transfers requested must be taken within a period of 12 months from the original date and cannot be cancelled.
- In the case of the provision of a training course by Industry Training For Skills, certificates to prove successful completion or achievement of the qualification may be withheld by Industry Training For Skills until payment is made. No refund shall be given and the full course fee shall remain payable should a delegate fail any course provided by Industry Training For Skills and Industry Training For Skills make no guarantee as to a delegate successfully passing any course. If a delegate does not attend the full course fee shall remain payable and no refund shall be given. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that a delegate is booked on and attends the correct course. If a delegate attends a course and payment has not yet been made, the Customer accepts that payment is overdue.
- Subject to paragraph 4, if the Customer wishes to cancel a booking, the Customer must notify Industry Training For Skills in writing by email or letter (‘Notice of Cancellation’). For the avoidance of doubt, Notice of Cancellation will not be accepted by telephone. If Industry Training For Skills receives a Notice of Cancellation 7 days or more prior to the commencement of the course, then the full course cost will be refundable.
- Unless specified, Value Added Tax will not be included in any price and will be charged at the rate in force at the time of quotation.
- Interest on overdue invoices may be charged (at the discretion of Industry Training for Skills) in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 until the date of payment and the Customer agrees to pay any reasonable expenses (not limited to expenses fixed by Court) incurred by Industry Training For Skills in pursuing any outstanding debt or debts due from the Customer.
- Nothing in these terms shall operate to exclude or limit Industry Training For Skills liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, any breach of the terms implied in section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 or fraud.
- Industry Training For Skills shall not be liable to the Customer whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of profit; anticipated profits; revenues; anticipated savings; goodwill or business opportunity; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever or for any failure to comply with its obligations due to an event beyond Industry Training For Skills reasonable control. Industry Training For Skills aggregate liability to the Customer whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the total sum paid or payable by the Customer to Industry Training For Skills under the Contract.
- Industry Training For Skills shall not be liable for mistreatment of any person or property arising out of the Customer’s failure to follow the guidelines set out by Industry Training For Skills in its courses.
- Industry Training For Skills reserve the right to cancel and/or amend course dates, times, contents and venues. Every effort will be made to give the Customer as much notice as possible and offer a reasonable alternative. If these are not satisfactory, Industry Training For Skills shall refund in full the price of the course. No further compensation will be given.
- The Customer shall indemnify Industry Training For Skills for any loss or expenses caused as a result of providing inaccurate information to Industry Training for Skills, mistakes contained within the Customer’s order and/or changes to the Contract requested by the Customer.
- If the Customer becomes bankrupt or enters into liquidation, administration or administrative receivership or has a receiver of any of its assets appointed (or ceases or threatens to cease carrying on business) Industry Training For Skills shall be entitled to cancel any outstanding Contract(s) without liability to the Customer and any sums outstanding shall become immediately due and payable.
- If the parties are unable to resolve any dispute arising between them, either party may initiate an alternative dispute resolution procedure with the assistance of a mediator agreed by the parties or, in default of such agreement, appointed at the request of either party by the Centre for Dispute Resolution or such other similar body as is agreed.
- Any written notice under these terms and conditions shall be served by registered post to the relevant party’s registered/principle office or last known address.
- No other person or body who is not a party to the Contract has any rights under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any terms of the Contract.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Cancellation & Transfer Policy
Industry Training For Skills is committed to providing high quality delivery of qualifications to all its Customers. We recognise that on occasions delegates will book onto events and subsequently find that they are unable to attend.
In these situations, we ask that delegates notify us as soon as possible, by calling 08002461786 Similarly, Industry Training For Skills may on occasion find it necessary to cancel an event. When this need arises, we will take positive steps to inform you of the cancellation as soon as possible.
The following charges will apply:
- Cancellation 7 days or more before a course start date (cancellation period): Full refund.
- Cancellation within 7 days of the course start or on the day before a course starts (outside cancellation period): no refund
- Cancellation part way through a course: no refund
- If you fail to attend an event and/or arrive considerably late and have not given LicenSia any prior written notice, then the full cost will be payable.
- Cancellation of a course to which fee is £180 or less: no refund
In the instance where a candidate wishes to transfer their booking to another date or venue, the following pricing structure applies:
- Transfer 7 days prior to course start date: No charge
- Transfer 7 days or less prior to course start date: £100
- Transfer on the day of course start or part way through a course: £150
- All transfers must be taken within a period of 6 months from the original date and cannot be cancelled.
Cancellation by Industry Training For Skills
Industry Training For Skills will always aim to run events once delegates have booked onto them, however occasionally circumstances will arise, which will result in the need to cancel/postpone an event.
If this is the case Industry Training For Skills will take positive steps to inform delegates as soon as possible by phone and/or email. Delegates will be offered a full refund or the option to transfer to an alternative date/venue at no additional cost.
In absence of English Language proficiency at B2 Level Certificate, Industry Training For Skills conducts an English literacy test and if you are unable to pass it, you will be given a refund however a handling and administration fee of £90 will be deducted from the paid amount. This test can only be taken in person at the Centre and must be taken any day prior to the course start day.
Industry Training For Skills reserves the right to modify or cancel any event if unforeseen circumstances arise but we will do our utmost to avoid doing so.
Cancellations by the Centre (Exceptional Circumstances)
In exceptional circumstances beyond Centre’s control where exam results are too late (6 weeks or more following the assessment day) due to backlog at the Centre or at the awarding institution before the release of the results and in other circumstances where exam paperwork in transit or at the awarding body, is lost/missing, causing considerable delays Centre will refund full fee only to the awaiting learners. If a learner is refunded due to these exceptional circumstances such a learner is considered excluded (no longer enrolled) and should they want to stay enrolled will need to pay the course fee and sit in assessments only again for the lost/missing paperwork if this applies.
*Please note: Delegate rates may vary for different dates and venues, as they are dependent on the venue costs at the time that Industry Training For Skills confirmed the booking.
Ownership of rights
All rights, including trade mark and copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Industry Training For Skills Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website for any purpose. All intellectual property rights in all materials available from Industry Training For Skills, including the design, graphics and text of all printed materials are wholly owned by Industry Training For Skills
All content included in or made available through any Industry Training For Skills such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video content, audio clips, digital downloads and data compilations is the property of Industry Training For Skills or its content suppliers and is protected by UK and international copyright, authors’ rights and database right laws. The compilation of all content included in or made available through Industry Training For Skills is the exclusive property of Industry Training For Skills and is protected by UK and international trademark, copyright and database right laws.
You may not extract and/or re-utilise parts of the content of any Industry Training For Skills without our express written consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or multiple times) for re-use any substantial parts of the content of any Industry Training For Skills without our express written consent. You may also not create and/or publish your own database that features substantial parts of any Industry Training For Skills without our express written consent.
Accuracy of content
We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website and video training platform, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all services have been described accurately.
Damage to your computer
We try to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website and the video training platform. Except in the case of negligence on our part, we will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website and the video training platform.
The services will be provided within an agreed timescale, and time is not of the essence of the contract.
Location of training/Exam venue is the location choosen by a learner however Training/Exam venue can be within 10 miles of the location choosen by a learner and if location being offered by the Industry Training For Skills was not desired a learner can apply for a full refund.
Using your data
We will only use the information you provide us with to send you email and/or conventional mail about your training interests or purchases to keep you informed of new developments and approaching the anniversary of your course as a reminder and for refresher training marketing purposes. For quality and research purposes we may occasionally use your information to make telephone calls in relation to our courses and to verify administration arrangements.
We use this information to help us understand more about how our web site is used, to improve our site, and to send you information either electronically or otherwise, about us and our products which we think may be of interest to you.
We will not pass nor sell your personal information to any third party.
Insufficient or wrong IDs/Proof of addresses brought and inability to complete E-Study/Self Study
It is your responsibility to make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and requirements of the course and that you have and can provide listed Proof of ID and address at the time of making online payments or paying fee using any other methods as It is a legal requirement to have ID on you at all times during your training. If you do not bring the required ID and proofs of address to your course, you will need to be rescheduled onto another date and you will be charged a transfer a course fee.
Depending on the Course type you will be supplied study material to complete E-Study and/or Self Study of which evidence will be required on the day course starts.
Proof of ID and Address for the SIA Licence Linked Qualifications an applicant will need 1 from group a and 2 from group 2
Group A documents
You need to provide 1 document from group A.
- a passport that is signed, current, and valid
- a driving licence photo card issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) in the UK
- a driving licence photo card and its paper counterpart issued by the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) in Northern Ireland
- a UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
- a UK biometric residence permit card
Group B documents
You need to provide 2 documents from group B. Each of these documents must show your current address.
We will accept:
- a bank or building society statement from the last 3 months (we will accept 2 statements, but only if they are from different banks or building societies)
- a utility bill from the last 3 months (we will accept gas, electric, telephone landline, water, satellite TV or cable TV bills but not mobile phone bills)
- a credit card statement from the last 3 months (we will accept 2 statements, but only if they are from different credit-card providers)
- a council tax statement from the last 12 months
- a mortgage statement from the last 12 months
- a letter from the last 3 months from any of the following:
- HM Revenue and Customs
- the Department of Work and Pensions
- a Jobcentre Plus – or any other employment service
- a local authority
- a P45 or P60 tax statement from the last 12 months
- a paper version of a current UK driving licence (not the paper counterpart to a photo card)
- a driving licence photo card issued by the DVA in Northern Ireland (not the paper counterpart)
- a pension, endowment or ISA statement from the last 12 months
- a valid UK firearms licence with photo
- First Resit Generally is for free any subsequent resit costs at £40. Depending on the package you bought for which a resit relates you must attend the resit session you book. If you fail to attend the session on time, you will lose any resit fees paid or if it was being offered for free/part of package you bought in the first place a reschedule fee £50 applies.
- If a customer cannot attend a booked resit then they need to inform LicenSia at least 7 days before it starts to avoid rescheduling a resit fee of £50. Any cancellations or rescheduling a resit 7 days or less prior to re-sit day incur a charge of £50.
Certificates will only be released upon receipt of full payment of the training services provided. Certificates are posted to the person who has booked and paid for the course.
Standards of Behaviour
Industry Training For Skills and its users, trainers, employees work together to keep our sites and services working properly and safely. Please report problems, offensive contents and behaviours, and policy violations to us. Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend or terminate our services , trainings, prohibit access to our sites and, services and tools and take technical and legal steps to keep such offenders off the sites if we think that they are creating problems or possible legal liabilities, infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies (for example, and without limitation, conducting off-Industry Training For Skills transactions, feedback manipulation, circumventing temporary or permanent suspensions or users who we believe are harassing our employees or other users). Additionally, we may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, suspend or terminate the trainings who may be repeat infringers of intellectual property rights of third parties.
I have read and understood terms and conditions set above and
- I certify that my answers including my personal details are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
- I understand that false or misleading information is viewed by this centre and awarding bodies as fraud and my Course/Qualifications will be invalidated immediately and subsequent consequence this may include the legal action being taken against me.
- I understand that the Classes start sharp at given times. Classroom based attendance depending on the course, course length in line with regulators requirements is compulsory with no exception, if I have anything that will hinder my attendance during training days and training I am prepared to arrange and plan things accordingly.
- I understand that centre takes any inappropriate behaviour or insult towards its staff very serious if I am found in breach of any of those terms and conditions set above or my behaviour becomes unacceptable at any stage during the training I will be excluded from the class and any persistence in my behaviour will be reported to the police.
If you are unsure about anything please clarify it with Industry Training For Skills before making any deposits/payments
Our opening/working hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 18:00
Industry Training for Skills registered in England and Wales Registered Office: 1 Mornington Villas, Bradford, BD8 7HB.